recent posts

Just saw the latest poll numbers. WTF!? I leave ...

Fucking Curative Health! I'm losing $15 a quarter...

Just looking at the Google Zeitgeist site. I noti...

It looks like that cheating doper Lance Armstrong ...

Schwarzenegger deems opponents 'girlie-men' -- twi...

Just got the following email. I'm assuming it's a...

Bub and Bob Ask and ye shall receive over the int...

Kids dangle from meat hooks for fun And you thoug...

It's time for all good boys sodomized by Pat Boo...

I read the first two chapters of James Surowiecki'...

archives

Friday, September 10, 2004
Been playing with Yahoo's LAUNCHcast again, now that I've got a new month of free skips. I'm sorely tempted to subscribe and, now that the engineers worked a few annoying kinks out, I was on the verge of taking it off the list, when I noticed this admonition on one of the help pages:

Don't try to game the system

The rules behind LAUNCHcast change over time, so it's not a good idea to try to "game" the system to make it work a certain way. Just rate the music you know, and let the system select the music.

When our system is unable to select any more songs to play on your station due to a very restrictive ratings profile or limited available content you will receive a 'playlist concluded' message. At this point your station will begin playing popular music that is not based on your ratings preferences. To prevent this from happening, you will need to make your ratings (especially genres, artists, and albums) less restrictive to allow the system to choose from a wider range of music for your station.


"It's not a good idea to try to 'game' the system"? I thought that was the whole fucking point of the thing. After all the trouble I went to to tell you what shit I don't want to hear, it's going to "begin playing popular music"? Fuck that with pigshit.