recent posts

Jerry Falwell Dead

the head of Microsoft's Linux Labs declares Linux ...

Dennis Miller on O'Reilly Factor

cluftersuck n.

HD-DVD Hex Code Hexes Shit List to Google Hell?

SecondLife FAQ

S.T.B.C.

Go Back to Ohio, John

Numbers I Hate: 1-800-430-1873

Showing Off My Skills

archives

Wednesday, May 23, 2007
magazine slamming
Motherfucking scumbag marketers. I've started receiving magazines I didn't order again at my parents' address. Along with the bills! Of course, the bills don't include a number to call. I'd like to just tell the post office I don't live there any more, but I still get some important mail there every once in a while.

Quick Google search turned up this:

WHDH-TV: Help Me Hank! Magazine subscriptions

Same problem. But no solution. (You suck, Hank.)

Someone somewhere is obviously getting paid to sign me up for these and I gotta believe it's the magazine that are paying to boost their subscriber number. So I am going to start a list here of these derelict magazines. (Haven't been by the parents to pick them up yet.)

Also considering sending a letter from a lawyer friend of mine to the publishers demanding information on who signed me up as part of an identity theft and mail fraud investigation.

If you have any advice, please comment.

Labels:

Blogger Tomohiro Idokoro comments:
A slightly more informative webpage:

answers.yahoo.com
Blogger Tomohiro Idokoro comments:
National Magazine Exchange -- if these aren't the douchebags behind my problem, they're behind a lot of other people's. You're on the list.

more info