recent posts

Query: if certain tracks on a CD I've purchased be...

A small but significant step forward in my campaig...

I just received the following email. (I've reprin...

From article in this morning's New York Times, "Cr...

Article in this morning's New York Times about art...

Surfed yesterday morning. Experienced first-hand ...

Johnny Cash is about the only person I can think o...

In honor of the second anniversary of 9/11, I repu...

My brother tells me that if you want to see some f...

Last Thursday, my friend Jackson and I went to the...

archives

Friday, September 19, 2003
Damn, I ran into the union reps at orientation today. They had a fucking dragnet set up. It's like running into walking spam. I guess I should join the union. I just don't like the arm-twisting. I've met evangelical Christians who are less zealous and pushy. It doesn't help that they're all in my department. One mentioned that we have 100% membership -- reason enough not to join right there, I suppose. (The union gets monthly dues out of me regardless.) I'm more worried about all the mailing lists and ancillary harrassment I can expect once they have my name, phone number, and email address. And I really hope we don't go on strike in the next four years.