recent posts

I had never heard of Friendster before NPR did a s...

Macked and Anonymous writes: > Dear Mad-dog T, > ...

Star Wars Kid, you are a worthy foe.

My email program, Outlook Express (ver. 5.5.) star...

9pm naps are never a good idea.

I got home this evening and opened my mailbox to f...

Quite a news day: "Study: U. of Colorado No. 1 Pa...

Not a big Phish fan. But still shocked and bewild...

Came across this story on the AP wire: > SOUTH WI...

Ok. ATT is off the enemies list. But they're not...

archives

Friday, August 22, 2003
Omni-Googlee, Matt Miller, forwards me the following message:

Subject : URGENT ASSISTANCE

Private memo.

Dear Sir,

Compliments of the season. I am Mr. Dick Johnson a Liberian, and personal Assistant to Mr. Charles Taylor, former president of Liberia, now in Exile in Calabar, South-South- Nigeria West- Africa.

I wish to introduce to you a very important, confidential, urgent, top secret business Assistant. Before our departure for exile in Nigeria, my Boss, President Charles Taylor, has several millions of Dollars, which was acquired, through the sales of "DIAMOND".

Part of this fund was deposited in a security company in our Neighboring country Abdjan COTE D" IVORE precisely the sum of forty five million USD ($45m). Deposited and marked "AS A FAMILY TREASURE".

President Charles Taylor has now mandated me to search for an honest, and trust worthy person who could assist by providing an account where this money can be lodged, and secured. Inview of this, there is need for face to face meeting in any country of your choice preferably COTE "D" IVORE.

If you cannot assist me, please get back to me immediately so that l will contact another person. Your interest will be discussed when we meet. If you are interested, please contact me on our calabar Nigeria telephone no 234-804-213-4803 or fax 234-9-2720578

email dickjohnson101@yahoo.com or you can contact president Charles Taylor on his Direct line no 234-803-727-6486. I therefore Confirm to you that this transaction is 100% risk free.

Sincerely yours

Dick Johnson.


Don't worry, Mr. Johnson. I'm sure US humanitarian aid is on its way.