recent posts

Quite a news day: "Study: U. of Colorado No. 1 Pa...

Not a big Phish fan. But still shocked and bewild...

Came across this story on the AP wire: > SOUTH WI...

Ok. ATT is off the enemies list. But they're not...

Itinerant aesthete, Big Mack, emails me this weeke...

Yeah, this cat knows what I'm talking about.

Jesus Fucking Christ. Who is Cat Power and did yo...

Hey, I just realized that this was Propellerhead's...

San Diego Lifeguards go on the shit-list until som...

Motherfucker! Those wankers at AT&T finally bille...

archives

Thursday, August 21, 2003
I got home this evening and opened my mailbox to find four -- count 'em, four! -- thick Wednesday grocery-store mailing things inside! What is this shit? Does the postal service not have enough problems that it has to be added to my shit list? Is this the farewell note of the pre-postal postman? Or just a calling card of the burnt out, dopehead civil servant?

I've always been a bit of an apologist for the postal service. A sentimental appreciation, I suppose, for all the lovely letter they've delivered for me. But first they fuck-up my forwarding request. And now this -- this is just a slap in the face. I'm ready to throw in the towel and say, yeah, let the privitization hawks have their way. Let it sink. (Of course, the privitization hawks, depending as they do upon the disproportionate political influence of rural America, will never let the postal service sink, since -- with its 6-day a week delivery to Unpaved Podunk Lane -- it's a classic example of governmental inefficiency that benefits them.)