recent posts

According to the AOL Presidential Match Guide, Den...

FCC Is Investigating Super Bowl Show The old Amer...

A Wellerism: "So did I miss anything? as Moses sa...

I don't suppose CBS will be showing this commercia...

As a Shit List, we don't really have the facilitie...

Just when I thought I was out of things to fulmina...

Strawberry Jesus. Forever.

Nothing like a week of flu to tone that bod. My a...

Well, after my heroic efforts to finagle a flu sho...

Book Club Rewrites Carol Shields's The Box Garden...

archives

Wednesday, February 04, 2004
A friend of mine tells me that she had accepted a job through the recruiting agency at Warner Brothers in Burbank at the end of last year. She was supposed to start at the beginning of January. She found an apartment in LA and began to move in that week. Then, the night before she was to start work, she received a message from the recruiter (at 8:30 pm!) telling her that WB had asked the recruiter to tell her "not show up the next day." The recruiter told her that it was just an administrative snag and that she should be working within two weeks. A month later, however, and no job.

My friend seems to be taking it all rather philosophically -- what can you do? I suppose -- but I'm pissed as hell. As a result, I vow now not to see another Warner Bros movie until my friend has a job! (Which are the WB movies?) I'm also not watching the WB network -- whether she gets a job or not.