recent posts

A Wellerism: "So did I miss anything? as Moses sa...

I don't suppose CBS will be showing this commercia...

As a Shit List, we don't really have the facilitie...

Just when I thought I was out of things to fulmina...

Strawberry Jesus. Forever.

Nothing like a week of flu to tone that bod. My a...

Well, after my heroic efforts to finagle a flu sho...

Book Club Rewrites Carol Shields's The Box Garden...

My sister's cat, Miao Miao, ran away from home yes...

Dreamed I was buttfucking Will Ferrell last night....

archives

Monday, February 02, 2004
FCC Is Investigating Super Bowl Show

The old American double standard where it comes to violence and sexuality. Grown men try to do extreme bodily violence to each other for 60 minutes and the country is in an uproar (at least 33% of it is) over one second of nipple-covered female breast.

I hope there weren't any shots of players in the locker room with their shirts off afterwards.

(In fact, I just noticed in the photo on the Post site that at least one of the male dancers had no shirt on at all.)