recent posts

I saw a couple sitting on a bench talking today. ...

It is a marvelous convenience to have an aquarium ...

The azalea on my back patio is dying a slow, inexo...

I came across the following remark in the commenta...

Woh, dude. I saw a Seinfeld episode last night I'...

Curious white foam balls spotted in shrubs along D...

I drove this morning to Home Depot to buy a wateri...

Omni-Googlee, Matt Miller, forwards me the followi...

I had never heard of Friendster before NPR did a s...

Macked and Anonymous writes: > Dear Mad-dog T, > ...

archives

Thursday, August 28, 2003
The latest Arnold news from an article in the Hollywood Reporter:

Just as Schwarzenegger was making the radio talk show rounds Wednesday to further clarify his positions on several issues, the interview in the August 1977 issue of Oui magazine appeared on the Smoking Gun Web site, which was linked to via the political/celebrity gossip Web site the Drudge Report.

In the five-page interview with writer Peter Manso, Schwarzenegger admitted to smoking "grass and hash," hanging out with "entertainers, hookers and bar owners" during his early years in Venice, Calif., and participating in a group-sex encounter with a single female and several fellow bodybuilders from Gold's Gym, Schwarzenegger's early stomping ground.


See The Smoking Gun file here : "Shwarzenegger's Sex Talk"

But it is the end of the Hollywood Reporter article that is most outrageous:

Coincidentally, a new KABC-TV poll shows Schwarzenegger with a wide lead over Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante, who is considered the lead Democratic candidate to replace Davis should he be recalled. According to the poll, Schwarzenegger has the support of 45% of registered voters, while Bustamante has just 29%.

I admit that I fail to see the coincidence, but the numbers are puzzling, as the LA Times released a poll this last weekend with Bustamante up 6 points and no one breaking the 30% barrier. I wonder first of all what a local ABC affiliate is doing even running a poll when there are obviously much more reputable organizations out there already doing it and, two, how the hell did they conduct their poll? Phone-in?