recent posts

A shameful moment in the life of Tomohiro Idokoro:...

KCRW is on the shit list for the next week or so w...

I saw "Masked and Anonymous," the new Bob Dylan mo...

Many of the smaller cable channels have been askin...

Saw "Swimming Pool" (starring Charlotte Rampling) ...

A friendly elderly man in a blue blazer identifyi...

I was listening to the radio in my car today and I...

Actor Arnold Schwarzenegger made it official : the...

Oh yeah, Internet Explorer is on the shit list. I...

Around 4am this last Saturday morning, I was abrup...

archives

Friday, August 15, 2003
Blacks is on the shit-list today. Yellow scum all over the surface. Thick enough in spots to make scum angels by waving your arms back and forth. Heard some punk skinback ask his friend whether the shit was toxic pollution. His friend said that it was probably just algae -- though, I was tempted to add, that doesn't necessarily make it any less toxic. Didn't notice any funny smell, but I was a bit dizzy this morning when I woke up -- a neurological reaction to being in the water yesterday? -- and the water seemed a lot warmer where it was blooming.