recent posts

It doesn't give me names or credit card numbers, b...

Child Prodigy Poet Dies of Muscular Dystrophy Mat...

Here's an interesting idea: NY Promoter Wants Spr...

Hey, I think I found my first disciple. (Or apost...

First day of summer in San Diego: drizzle. Over a...

The New Republic is still around? I figured they'...

Gov. Arnold 6 Tomohiro 3 Score another one for th...

Apparently, my name should be Takumi Inoue. Or In...

The mega-storage free email wars have begun. Yaho...

They retired Paul's cape on Letterman last night. ...

archives

Thursday, June 24, 2004
A Crowning at the Capital Creates a Stir

As a shining symbol of democracy, the United States capital is not ordinarily a place where coronations occur. So news that the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, the eccentric and exceedingly wealthy Korean-born businessman, donned a crown in a Senate office building and declared himself the Messiah while members of Congress watched is causing a bit of a stir.

Now that I know the Washington Times is owned by the crowned Messiah, I guess I'll start reading it more seriously. (Though, curiously, this important beltway event seems to have slipped by its notice. Instead: "Clinton's book fails to appeal to heartland".)