recent posts

The hubris. I worked out at the gym on campus thi...

Yeah, I know meat is murder, but what are you goin...

Halloween was a night of pizza delivery horrors. ...

I've concluded that this is a hoax, or, well, a sa...

Heard an interview with the mastermind behind Poly...

I biked over to campus this afternoon. I've never...

Forgot to shut a window in my apartment last night...

Yeah, fuck you, rhinovirus. I came down with a co...

I saw it! Finally, I saw it! The bioluminescence...

A couple days ago I forwarded the Tom Friedman col...

archives

Monday, November 10, 2003
Stiffing day-laborers. Does it get any lower? Jesus was a day-laborer.

Austin Targets Abuses by Day-Labor Employers
NPR Morning Edition, Monday, November 10, 2003

Most U.S. cities with large day-laborer populations do not offer them many protections. But Austin, Texas, is one city that is chasing after employers who don't pay their mostly illegal immigrant workers. NPR's John Burnett reports.