recent posts

A link to the Introvertster site mentioned in last...

A Friendster friend passed along the following art...

In fact, I'm not much of a fan of scatalogical hum...

Holy fucking shit! And I mean HOLY! I posted a l...

What's campier : professional wrestling, evangelic...

The latest Arnold news from an article in the Holl...

I saw a couple sitting on a bench talking today. ...

It is a marvelous convenience to have an aquarium ...

The azalea on my back patio is dying a slow, inexo...

I came across the following remark in the commenta...

archives

Saturday, September 06, 2003
Those rat-bastards at NetBank are skating on thin ice. I checked my latest electronic statement this week and there was a $3 inactivity fee. Inactivity fee? Those coin-rollers should be paying me a fee for saving them the work! I couldn't get their mail form to work, so I dug out the 800 number and gave them a ring. I will give them credit on this point -- they've got solid professional customer service. The guy I talked to sounded like he might actually have a high school degree. Anyway, I tell him my greivance, he asks for all my secret identity codes, looks up my account, and tells me that I have two inactivity fees! There was one for the previous month also that I hadn't even noticed -- that's how inactive I've been. Well, I say, that's fine, but my regular bank doesn't charge me any of these and when I signed up for this account, I carefully checked it out for hidden fees. So if you're going to charge me fees, I'm going to have to close it. He doesn't get emotional, but says that there is a one-time fee amnesty and that I can avoid them if I just have some kind of activity -- any activity -- every three months. Well, that seems fair enough. I have been thinking about setting up online payment for my phone bill. Ok, you can reverse the charges? He can reverse the charges. Ok, I won't close the account. But let this be a warning to you charlatans, any more of this bullshit (they assessed two erroneous $3 fees earlier this year, too, that had to be reversed), and I'm pullingout my $274 balance and stashing it under my mattress.