recent posts

What the hell does this page mean?http://voice-rec...

Email to the Editors of the Economist

Kill Net Neutrality and You Kill the Shit List

blackops hypnosis

This Explains Everything

This is a cockroach. They are disgusting like spa...

That scumbag Mike Corona just phoned me again -- S...

Annoy Mike Carona for Orange County Sheriff

A New Breed of Annoying Automated Telemarketer

Shit List American Dog Balls Award Winner: Omni Ca...

archives

Monday, June 19, 2006
A National Leadership Award? From the NRC? For me?
Just received a curious call here at work informing me that Congressman Tom Reynolds had nominated me for a national leadership award. Why would a conservative New York Republican congressman be nominating me, who lives all the way on the other side of the country, for a national leadership award?

Could it be because he's in a tough congressional re-election campaign and needs as much money as he can get to outspend his opponent?

I told his telemarketing rep that before I could accept his award, I'd need to know his position on net neutrality. After consulting with her supervisor, she directed me to tomreynoldshouse.gov, a website that does not exist, for more information. His real .gov website doesn't provide much information on this issue.