recent posts

Shit List American Dog Balls Award Winner: Omni Ca...

The Hot Lead Slime Trail Leads to...

I Won the Email Lottery!

/. quotable

Who steals my purse steals trash, but he who filch...

Just when I think my contempt for Bush can't get a...

Phishing for Imbeciles

Dick Bunbury

My To Do List

Ben Blanton Beats the Spam Filter

archives

Friday, May 19, 2006
A New Breed of Annoying Automated Telemarketer
Just got an automated message saying:

"This is a message for Garcia, Kathy. Please press 1 to get your message."

Straight out of the Simpsons. After a minute of saying, "please press 1," the message finally said, "Phone 1-877-290-2680 between the hours of 8am and midnight to receive a very important message."

That's 1-877-290-2680. For Garcia, Kathy.

Labels:

Anonymous Anonymous comments:
yep, just happened to me too. I found this because I googled the 800 number.