recent posts

Fuck CNN with a big stick wrapped in razor wire. ...

CNN released a poll today indicating the support f...

I was talking to my dad earlier today, telling him...

Oh wait! I just figured it out. The grid is not ...

The voting irregularities have begun. I received ...

As paradoxical, even ass-backwards, as it may seem...

Greetings. Am chiming in to fulfill my promise to...

Two articles on file-sharing in this morning's New...

Damn, I ran into the union reps at orientation tod...

Query: if certain tracks on a CD I've purchased be...

archives

Monday, September 29, 2003
My email to the San Diego Registrar of Voters was answered today by someone who obviously thinks I'm a drooling fucking retard. We'll see who laughs drooling all over himself last.

From: "Tomohiro Idokoro"
To: rovmail@rov.co.san-diego.ca.us
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 5:54 PM
Subject: Absentee Ballot

I received my absentee ballot in the mail. But I have found only one ballot card -- the one with the grid of numbers for all the gov candidates. I can't find the recall issue itself or the other two measures on the ballot. Was I supposed to receive a second ballot card? Please advise me.

Thanks,

Tomohiro Idokoro
Ballot District AV058
tidokoro@ucsd.edu
From: "Robledo, Cheri" Cheri.Robledo@sdcounty.ca.gov
To: "Tomohiro Idokoro"
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: Absentee Ballot

Dear Mr. Idokoro:

The numbers on your BALLOT are 1 thru 312. The recall measure begins on page 4 of your SAMPLE BALLOT & VOTER INFORMATION PAMPHLET. Each MEASURE or CANDIDATE is assigned a Corresponding number in your pamphlet. For EXAMPLE, the RECALL MEASURE is a YES or NO. To vote YES you punch out the "CHAD" for #3; a NO answer is #4.

I hope this helps you to understand your ballot.

Cheri Robledo
Absentee, County of San Diego, Registrar of Voters

If you need further assistance our Phone Bank Staff would be delighted to help you at (858) 694-3415
From: "Tomohiro Idokoro"
To: "Robledo, Cheri" Cheri.Robledo@sdcounty.ca.gov
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 5:50 PM
Subject: Re: Absentee Ballot

Hi Cheri,

Thank you for your quick response. I did figure it out on my own before the weekend was out.

A couple observations:

1. The pink photocopy form offers no help, as it seems designed for the usual ballot where the text appears on the card itself (at least it looked that way from what I could make out of the photos included on it.)

2. I have never cast a ballot in this way before. If this is the same ballot used at the polling places next week, I hope the volunteers working at the polls are prepared for much confusion and frustration.

Thanks again,

Tomo