recent posts

Oh wait! I just figured it out. The grid is not ...

The voting irregularities have begun. I received ...

As paradoxical, even ass-backwards, as it may seem...

Greetings. Am chiming in to fulfill my promise to...

Two articles on file-sharing in this morning's New...

Damn, I ran into the union reps at orientation tod...

Query: if certain tracks on a CD I've purchased be...

A small but significant step forward in my campaig...

I just received the following email. (I've reprin...

From article in this morning's New York Times, "Cr...

archives

Saturday, September 27, 2003
I was talking to my dad earlier today, telling him about the utter confusion these ballots -- if they were like mine -- will spawn on election day. (It's going to take the old ladies working the polling places half the day just to figure out how to vote themselves.) He wasn't at all dismayed. In fact, he was rather cheered by the news: "Look on the bright side. With enough miscast votes, we may end up have one of the nobodies winning the election. Could you imagine that little tyrant, Gary Coleman, running California? They tried to give us the Terminator and we end up with the twerp."

Anyone who experienced what I did, who ends up on the losing side of the election, is immediately going to cry foul. They'd cry foul anyways. But this is only going to motivate their indignation and outrage. You saw what the Republicans did when county officials tried to continue counting votes in Florida. My dad figures whatever happens, we'll end up with another recall vote for the March primary.