recent posts

Nobel Prize Bourse

One Simple Question for a Town Hall Forum

The Potemkin President

Vice-Presidential Debate: Fact Checking

They've Met After All

The Forged Memos

The Power of Blog?

Squeaky Wheel

The Fox and the Hedgehog

A New Number One!

archives

Saturday, October 09, 2004
From some FEMA-queen in Florida:

"I have a plan!"

Who said that? Wait! Who says that every time you hear him speak?

That's right folks! KERRY!!!

In the two presidential debates I hear Kerry persistently say, "I have a plan!" but I have not heard him tell me what that plan is. "I have a plan for this. I have a plan for that." What is that plan? I have heard that phrase so much that I feel that I am being hypnotized by some repetative Gregorian chant!

I don't think he knows what that plan is because he has no backbone to decisively make or carry it out. Tonight, during the debate, Kerry announced that he is a Catholic. With this playing card, he hinted that he has a pro-life belief but if he becomes president he won't let that interfere with allowing others to have abortions. I don't get it.

If you believe abortion is murder, then you can't compromise that core principle. How can you negotiate murder? If Kerry is able to allow what he supposedly thinks is the blatant killing of human life, than does he really believe it is murder or is he just trying to appease both sides and retain the Catholic vote?

Bush has guts! He has principles he believes without compromise. I like that. I want a president who can lead not concede to every whim so that he can remain popular. Kerry would be a neutered president, Bush is a leader with balls.


My comment :

I think he asked you to look it up. You can find it here:

Plan for America

The debate format obviously doesn't lend itself to detailed exposulations of policy.

And if slackjawed fundamentalists didn't demonize family-planning and birth control and handjobs (I was going to say blowjobs, but handjobs are good enough -- especially self-administered ones), we could eliminate many more abortions of convenience. You have to waste the superfluous life force somewhere.

Obviously Kerry doesn't believe abortion is murder -- especially in real cases of heartbreaking trade-offs as opposed to abstract cases used for the purpose of knee-jerk moralizing.

As for the balls and guts, useful in running swift boat missions in the Mekong Delta perhaps. The health care crisis and deficit require something a little more cerebral.


Why do I even bother? I'm too delicate for democracy.