recent posts

A Halloween Wish

query

site being scanned by foreign agent

Fucking Motor Trend

/. quotable

Dorothy still stalking me

callers in the night: 401-229-9977

the new trend in school shootings: girls only

Netflix or Coastal Flix?

Dorothy at 602-624-4928

archives

Monday, October 23, 2006
New Yahoo! Monetization Plan: LAUNCHola?
Been hearing last couple weeks about Yahoo's bad earning report and how their execs are promising to make more money off their free web services...

So today I fired up LAUNCHcast for the first time in a while. Now, I'm a big proponent of the LAUNCHcast service. So big in fact that I actually pay the yearly fee for the premium service and have never bought an ipod. But right off the bat it serves up three crappy new songs "Recommended by Yahoo! Music." Gisli? +44? Fuck off and give me something off Exile on Main Street. Which it promptly did. After I hit the skip button 6 or 7 more times.