recent posts

Just In Time for the Holidays

New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest

If I'm an insurgent or terrorist and I hear Presid...

New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest

New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest

New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest

New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest

New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest

New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest

New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest

archives

Wednesday, December 22, 2004
Came across an article in a PC Magazine lying around the office here recommending this. Downloaded it -- even paid the extra $10 for the phone support -- and a week later still haven't got it to work. Since I use Firefox and Adaware already, the only thing it really offered me was the anonymous browsing -- which I need for the highly classified, top secret life that I lead online. But I can't even use most the sites that I visit with the proxy settings active.

Phone support is only available during times when I'm at work -- so that's been a bust. And their email support has been slow, half-assed, and unsuccessful. The latest example:


Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

I do understand your concern; please do not worry run the connection Tuner, it was specially designed to make the Internet connection possible in the secure or the invisible mode. Maximum of the cases it does work.

However if you still experience problem please send me the tool report and I shall forward it to the research team who will look into it.

Also try the following steps.

Open Privacy Control Center-Click on Options-Check the first two options.

The top two buttons, ?Start GhostSurf proxy?? and ?Automatically direct IE data?? control when GhostSurf starts and what it does when it starts.

I hope the above information would help us resolve the issue. Please feel free to write back to me if you need further assistance. I will be glad to help you.

Sincerely,
Satvinder
Technical Support Representative
Tenebril Inc.
www.tenebril.com/support
techsupport@tenebril.com


Note: when I tried to run the connection-tuner they had me download, I got an error message saying it was not a Win32 application. So far it's been an agonizing, futile fishing expedition.

I haven't given up yet -- PC Mag seemed to have no trouble with it. But I'm about to call my credit card company and stop payment if I can't get a refund for this crap.